The Bell Farmhouse is a historic home located at Newark in New Castle County, Delaware. The farmhouse was built about 1845 and is a two-story, gable-roofed brick building with an original two-story "ell" in the rear. It features a massive Doric columned wrap-around porch. Also on the property is a smokehouse, carriage house, and shed.
NHS Carpe Diem (seize the day)! Welcome to the web site for the Newark High School Classes of 1966, 1967 and 1968. Please use this site to get information, communicate with other classmates, learn more about upcoming reunions, and participate in a myriad of other amusing activities.
Please share your photos of our 45th reunion. Either send them by email to our webmaster, Mike Dutton, or post them yourself on our PHOTO ALBUMS page!
Your submissions are greatly appreciated!!!
TWO NEW ALBUMS ADDED:
Reunion 2012 Vol. 1 - Contains 51 photos of our 45th reunion activities at the Deer Park Tavern and the Newark Country Club. All photos courtesy of Charlie Gibb (Class of '66).
The BEE, the WREATH and MISS BEE - Contains 3 photos. You'll have to see this one! Neat story!
Please keep scrolling down the page - You do not want to miss the BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS!!
The NHS-CarpeDiem site may be updated frequently, occasionally even daily, when necessary. Otherwise, the site may not be updated for a few weeks or months. But rest assured the site will be here for your viewing pleasure! Please check back often, you might be surprised by the changes, updates or improvements!
Mrs. Hilda Marshall's 6th Grade Class, Central Elementary School
Who were these students? They graduated from Newark High School in 1966. Can anyone name all of these students? Please let us know! Might be you are looking at a photo of yourself from 46 years ago!!
1. PLEASE CONNECT WITH US! If this is your first visit, please leave your contact information by signing in on the CLASSMATES page or by leaving a message in the GUEST BOOK. If this is a return visit and your contact information has changed - email or mailing address - please let us know through a guest book entry or by contacting the Webmaster
We would appreciate all who visit taking a close look at our PLEASE RECONNECT and Help Us Find pages. Please share contact information with us should you know how to contact anyone on either of the two pages noted above. Please also note that we respect your privacy.
We do not give out email addresses or mailing addresses to anyone other than our class representatives or the reunion committee; solely for the purpose of keeping you informed about upcoming class related events.
2. Note from the Webmaster: I am sorry to say that I've recently had to add a number of names to our In Memoriam I page. All senior photos available for scanning from the respective KRAWEN year books have been posted. Unfortunately the yearbooks do not have senior photos for the following classmates: Lynn Adair '67, John Dollins '67, Grier Murray '68, Mary Steele '68 or, Ivan Trussler '67. Any assistance in getting a photo of those listed (prefer a senior year portrait) would be greatly appreciated.
3. The NEXT NHS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ALL CLASS GATHERING will be held at the Deer Park Hotel on Saturday, November 30, 2013. Again for a meager $10.00 admission charge, snacks, consisting of hot and chilled Hors d'oeuvre will be served. The Deer Park Hotel provides a cash bar along with the food service. A great deal of fun for all those who attend; these events are always a smashing success!.
4. Are you looking to find a NHS Class of '66, '67 or '68 Classmate? Visit FACE BOOK and search for your friends and classmates. Setting up your own page on FACE BOOK is easy and best of all it is free! See you on FACE BOOK! If you connect with a classmate on FACEBOOK, please share that with us hear at NHS-CarpeDiem.com!
5. The NHS Carpe Diem web site offers a way to support HOFFMAN Field at Newark High School. A new Purchase Option is now available on this website. You are able to make a contribution to the Yellowjacket Boosters in support of the lighting system replacement (which is complete, but not fully paid-off) and other worthy projects to upgrade HOFFMAN Field at Newark High School.
6. We would like to draw your attention to the ALUMNI ASSOC menu item at the left hand side. When you select that item you are taken to the MERCHANDISE display for the Newark High School Alumni Association. Please consider making a purchase of one or more items. THANKS So Much for LOOKING!!
7. Take a look at our LINKS page! There are links there for the Newark High School Alumni Association, for Newark High School, and for the Yellowjacket Boosters who are raising money for Hoffman field lights and other upgrades. If you have any suggestions for other links that would be of interest, please contact the Webmaster.
8. Are you interested in keeping up with NHSAA activities? You can always visit their web site - http://nhsalumni.org. Would you like to be added to their e-mailing list? If so you can subscribe to the NHS Yellowjackets Group at Yahoo Groups by visiting the group online - NHS Yellowjackets - or by sending an email message to NHS Yellowjackets. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Webmaster.
Please sign our guest book! Also feel free to upload a couple of your pictures - back then and now - to the Classmates page. You may also upload photographs of the recent reunion activities to the PHOTOALBUMS page.
The 2007 Reunion was held over the weekend of September 7, 2007. Everyone got started with a gathering at the Deer Park and then a Dinner/Dance the next day. The Reunion Committee also set up a brunch for Sunday morning, September 9, 2007.
Thanks so much for visiting, please come back again!